At Tomatin, we are more than just another distillery. Since 1897 our people have worked hard to build the Tomatin community that exists today and lies at the heart of everything we do. Many of our employees live on site in the distillery houses. It is more than just a job, it is a way of life. This in turn is reflected in the quality of the different whiskies produced at the distillery; every bottle of whisky we make is distilled with pride.
Once the biggest distillery in Scotland, we were capable of producing 12 million litres every year. We now produce just over 2 million with a focus on quality over quantity. The distillery offers a portfolio of single malt and blended whiskies including the Tomatin single malt, Cù Bòcan single malt, The Antiquary premium blended whisky, an array of whisky blends including The Talisman and Big ‘T’, as well as where it all began, with bulk whisky. We have gone from strength to strength and our whiskies are now sold in over 60 export markets.
We were recently awarded the highest accolades in the Industry from the International Wines and Spirits Competition (IWSC) in 2022 of “Scotch Whisky Producer Trophy” and the top Industry award of “Outstanding Spirits Producer” when judged against all other Global Spirits companies.
This role has arisen as a result of retirement and offers the successful candidate the opportunity to join a company with reputable and trusted brands at an exciting period within our growth plan.
|Regional Sales Manager – Midlands and North England
|Home based – Midlands / North England
|UK Sales Director
Reporting to the UK Sales Director, you will be responsible for managing sales and developing new opportunities in your geographical area to contribute as part of the wider team towards personal, UK and overall company targets and objectives.
- Maintain, develop and increase sales within existing customer base.
- Expand the customer base within your area.
- Collaborating with the Trade Marketing Dept. to forward plan and deliver robust and cost-effective customer activation and brand development plans.
- Working in conjunction with our Global Brand Ambassador to co-ordinate customer and consumer brand education programs.
- Collection and internal communication of customer/market feedback on our brands and also competitor activity, e.g. consumer / packaging / pricing / NPD.
- Reporting on sales performance and financial returns.
- Support the management of customer payments where required.
- Represent the company and brands at industry events, trade shows, exhibitions, conferences.
The above duties and responsibilities are not an exhaustive list, and you will be expected to perform different tasks commensurate with your role and as necessitated by your role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation. For developmental or operational reasons this role may occasionally contain some elements of work that require either more or less demanding than described above.
- Educated to degree level or with equivalent work-related experience.
- Competent IT user and experienced in suite of Microsoft packages.
- Demonstrable experience of working in a sales environment ideally within the food and drinks sector, with a proven track record of achieving sales targets.
- Experience of working with a range of internal and external stakeholders and building strong and effective working relationships.
- Experience of working as a part of a team to deliver adjoined goals as well as personal targets.
- Experience of working to deadlines and prioritising workload.
- Experience of working in an environment with high standards and accountability.
- Understanding of the UK Spirits category, and a passion for Single Malt Whisky.
- Experience operating both national and regional wholesale accounts.
- A history of planning and building robust customer brand plans in conjunction with internal brand teams.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent sales, communication and negotiation skills.
- Good organisational skills.
- Target driven with a strong desire to achieve company led objectives.
- Proven ability to work well both cross departmentally and within the immediate team.
This role will be home based but will hold a requirement to visit current and potential new customers regularly as well as attend various trade events. A full current driving licence that enables you to drive in the UK will be advantageous, however, we are willing to consider any proposals that would allow you to do the job by other means.
The geographic area covered is the Midlands and North of England. Due to the location of customers and to make the best use of time & travelling, the post holder will ideally be based in a Central England location. Overnight stays within your territory, and regular trips to Head Office in the Highlands of Scotland will be required as a part of this role.
Salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience and will include access to an annual bonus scheme.
Access to the company car scheme or a car allowance commensurate with the role will be provided and business fuel costs will be reimbursed.
If you are interested in joining this growing business and feel you would be an ideal candidate for this role, please send your CV to [email protected] with details of your current remuneration package and notice period.
Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 27th January 2023.